Friday Night Lights Continues Friday April 27th Gates Open At 5:30pm
Hot Laps 6:45pm (approx)
Due to the increasing cost in the tire program for the karter, Selinsgrove Raceway Park will be enforcing the following rule pertaining to tires. We have talked to several other local tracks and expect that most will also be adopting this rule.
"All tire sidewalls must remain as supplied from the factory with the exception of inside prep. No adding of material to inside of tire to manipulate the flex of the sidewall"
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR APRIL 14th WINNERS
Mediums A-Main: 1) Wes Hendricks 2) Steve Kerstetter 3) Pat Romig Heat Winner: Wes Hendricks
Extra Heavies A-Main: 1) Josh Kerstetter 2) Andrew Royer 3) Nathan Danner Heat Winners: Bill Sube, Trenton Buckley
Rigs Will Enter The Grounds Using The Gates At Either The Top Or Bottom Of Sand Hill Rd. Stay On The Pit Road Closest To Sand Hill Road Until You Come To The Road That Takes You To The Speedway Crossover Gate. You Will Still Purchase Your Pit Pass Just Before Crossing Over The Speedway Into The Raceway Park Pit Area. At The End Of The Night Rigs Should Use The Same Roads To Exit The Grounds.
Rigs Should Stage 4 or 5 wide and alternate in.
(For Reference Rigs Should Only Be On The Roads Shaded In Gray On The Map)
1. Engines will have bolts painted before qualifying races or after the qualifier. If at the end of the Feature the paint is missing from the bolts painted, the kart will be disqualifed from that event. If the kart participates in other events and the paint is missing the kart will be disqualified in those events also. In the event a bolt would need to be removed and the paint broken, it is the responsibility of the karter to do the work at the tech trailer in the presence of the inspector or an appointed individual. All parts removed from said engine will be held for inspection.
2. If there is an engine change between qualifier and feature, the technical team is to be notified that the change is taking place and the engine removed is to be presented to the tech team before the kart enters the track for the feature. Engine removed is subject to tech at the end of the evening. Changing engines constitutes starting at the rear of the field.
3. Fuel will be taken on a regular basis at the end of both qualifier and feature. Fuel samples may be taken home with the inspector for further analysis. If the fuel that is taken home and found to be of a suspicious nature, the tech inspector will meet with the owner of the fuel and discuss the situation. An agreement “WILL” be reached on behalf of the inspector. Fuel will be checked by odor and by water method.
4. With the introduction of the 212 engine and the interchangeable parts to the 196, there will be inspections on a regular basis for the 196 classes.
5. Animals and flatheads will be inspected at the technical teams discretion.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. If any member of the team that is under inspection acts out in an unsportsmanlike manner, the kart will be disqualified.
As the year progresses there may be changes to the technical inspection process. We will do our best to make sure all of you have a fair playing field.
ALL KARTERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM AGE RESTRICTIONS FOR ALL CLASSES
AGES ARE LISTED ON THE RACEWAY PARK ADMISSION & CLASSES PAGE
EXPLANATION OF THE AGE DETERMINATION IN THE RACEWAY PARK GENERAL RULES
IT IS EACH EACH PARTICIPANTS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY ARE COMPETING IN ELIGIBLE CLASSES
PROOF OF AGE MAY BE REQUIRED
AT SELINSGROVE RACEWAY PARK ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 PARTICIPATING IN EVENTS AND/OR ENTERING THE PIT AREA MUST HAVE A MINORS RELEASE FORM ON FILE AT THE TRACK OFFICE BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO PURCHASE A PIT PASS. CLICK THE LINK TO THE RIGHT TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE 2 PAGE DOCUMENT AND BRING IT WITH YOU YOUR FIRST NIGHT AT THE TRACK.
TO GET YOUR 90 SECOND GRACE PERIOD TO GET ON THE TRACK FOR YOUR EVENT YOU MUST NOTIFY THE GRID OFFICIAL THAT YOU ARE COMING PRIOR TO YOUR CLASS BEING SENT OUT. GRACE PERIOD WILL NOT BE GIVEN IF WE ARE NOT TOLD YOU ARE COMING
IF YOU ARE ON THE TRACK IN THE FIRST 30 SECONDS YOU KEEP YOUR STARTING SPOT. AFTER THAT YOU START ON THE REAR
IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE TRACK WITHIN 90 SECONDS OF THE REST OF YOUR CLASS YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED OUT
IF YOU RACE IN CLASSES THAT ARE CLOSE TOGETHER (2 OR LESS CLASSES BETWEEN) YOU MUST NOTIFY THE GRID OFFICIAL PRIOR TO THE CLASS YOU WILL BE DELAYED FOR GOES OUT. THIS MUST BE DONE EACH NIGHT AND FOR EACH RACE THAT YOU ARE AFFECTED. WE WILL WAIT A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME FOR YOU TO SWITCH KARTS AND YOU WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO THE 90 SECOND CLOCK.
THESE RULES HAVE BEEN IN PLACE FOR TWO YEARS TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO RACE BUT ALSO TO BE FAIR TO THOSE THAT ARE READY TO GO.